| To M. |
As i was saying in my last post, the weather is dull… and here we are with my 2 kids stuck at home because of a cold… And here came the idea of writing this post.
Every time i get the flue, I go into this weird routine that gets me back on my feet after 2-3 days: hourly hot lemon + honey, rubbing my chest and back (and feet… it works!) with vapo rub, and my temples and nose wings with tiger balm (far from being sexy, I know)… and just before sleeping, a hot honey and thyme milk. It is the only time I drink hot milk (I’m lactose intolerant). And this comes from my university years.
I used to share a small and narrow blue house with a friend… almost anyone could get in. sometimes we would even let people party in it while we were having drink in the pub across the street! One of our regular visitors was a Moroccon girl that I will name M. So kind and sweet compared to most of our guests/invaders. I didn’t know her much. I mostly remember her struggling to get a working visa after finishing her studies in France… and for her honey and thyme milk she used to make us – a nice break from all the alcohol – and other taboo substances – we used ingurgitate at that time!
I unfortunately learned a couple of years ago that she passed away. Breast cancer.
Since then, every time I drink a cup of that thyme milk, I can’t help to give a small thought to all the victims and fighters of that terrible disease. Respect.
Mind you, thyme has medicinal properties and is a good antiseptic… excellent for cold and flu symptoms. Check wikipedia if you don’t believe me.
So I am grateful to M for his valuable and efficient recipe as simple as 1 2 3.
Ingredients:
- Milk to fill up your mug
- 3 branched of thyme
- 2-3 teaspoon of honey
- Pour your milk in the pan with the thyme
- Just warm (do not boil) your milk for 15-20 minutes letting the thyme infuse.
- Before switching off the stove, add the honey.
Stir, enjoy and get well.
No comments:
Post a Comment